This post was originally written shortly after the San Bernadino attack. I had posted this on a previous blogspot blog, which I have since closed and carried over to this forum. The writing is a little old, but the sentiment still holds true.
Over the last few weeks, there have been two disturbing events carried out by terrorists, the first in Paris and most recently in San Bernardino Ca. Our presidents response to this was to call for more gun control laws and use these horrific events as a platform for his agenda. I find this to be disgusting. He calls on the sympathy of the people to close “gun loopholes” and tighter restrictions on gun purchases. He states that the best way to stop these events are to close these loopholes and restrict the sales of guns in America. TRANSLATION: The President of the United States wants to deny US citizen’s their 2nd amendment rights, guaranteed to us under the constitution.
Our president is either lying to the people of the United States or he is ignorant. In fact, I believe he is both. If he were with me right now I would ask him how more restrictive background checks would have prevented these events? The truth is, they wouldn’t have prevented these maniacs from committing evil acts.
How does denying citizen rights prevent these massacres? It has been proven time and time again, that these gun law restrictions simply do not work. I have a better solution. What do you think would have happened if there were armed citizens carrying weapons in the immediate vicinity of the recent California shootings? In Paris? In the movie theatre in Colorado? In our children’s schools? I certainly do not believe that these events would have been prevented, but I am confident that the carnage would not have been as severe. You see the truth of the matter is, these events happened in gun free zones, where citizens had little chance to defend themselves. Gun free zones that our president and his fellow liberals worked hard to establish. Our leadership has denied citizens of the United States the right to defend themselves while they, and their families, enjoy the benefit of armed guards 24 hours a day.
The fact of the matter is that the liberals have established a foothold in our nations cities. Where are economic policies failing? Where are violent crimes against each other occurring at a staggering rate? Where is a family most susceptible to physical or financial harm? The truth is, any of these events can happen to any American at any time, but the overwhelming concentration is in our cities where the liberal theories have condensed common sense into a talking point on some CNN agenda, otherwise ignoring it in daily practice.
Citizens of these metropolises have become so conditioned my liberal madness, that they have literally drank the Kool Aid for so many generations, they are oblivious to the true threat to their well being, and often take out their frustration on each other.
The FBI reports in 2014 that there have been 160 active shooter incidents between 2000 and 2013.
1. 486 people killed, 557 wounded.
2. Active shootings have occurred in 40 out of 50 states, including the District of Columbia
3. 66% of these shootings ended before the police arrived.
4. In 64 incidents the duration was 5 minutes or less, in 23 incidents, the duration was in 2 minutes or less.
FBI statement “Even when law enforcement was present or able to respond in minutes, civilians had often had to make life and death decisions, and therefore should be engaged in training and discussions on decisions they may face.”
The very best response times for police have been estimated at 5-7 minutes for shooting events. According to the previous data, almost one half of these shooter events would have been over before the police arrived. Simply put, the police are not able to defend civilians during an active shooter event. The onus is upon us, citizens, to protect ourselves and our loved ones, and the liberals want to take that protection away from us while enjoying the liberties of armed guards everywhere they go. This double standard is simply unacceptable. What was the very first tactic Adolf Hitler used when enslaving the Jews in Nazi Germany, he took away their means to defend themselves. I’m not trying to make light of those horrific events nor am I incuinating that liberals are Hitler incarnates, but we all know how that turned out.
I have given myself to God, a lamb of God, a sheep in his flock. I refuse to be a sheep to another man. I believe in life ever lasting, but while here on earth I believe in the preservation of life for me and my family over the life of another man committing evil actions. Thou shall not kill, does not mean though shall not defend themselves, it means thou shall not commit murder.
Would we be so willing to give up our right to freedom of speech? Why is it so easy to protect the first amendment but not the second? If you will not Hear my words, then take heed to our forefathers:
1. A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” – George Washington
2. “That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of The United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms…” – Samuel Adams
3. “…but if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to form an army of any magnitude, that army can never be formidable to the liberties of the people, while there is a large body of citizens, little if at all inferior to them in discipline and use of arms, who stand ready to defend their rights…” – Alexander Hamilton
4. “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” – Thomas Jefferson
5. “Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not.” – Thomas Jefferson
6. “To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them.” – Richard Henry Lee
7. “Americans have the right and advantage of being armed – unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people.” – James Madison
8. “…to disarm the people – that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them.” – George Mason
1. What’s more frightening, being in the presence of a trained concealed weapons holder or a bad guy hurting you or your family and you have no means to help them?
2. Isn’t it interesting that a large portion of the people trying to deny our 2nd amendment rights, are the same people that walk around all day with armed guards? (Politicians)
3. When there is a legitimate threat to you or your families life, what would you rather have a gun or a cell phone. We know by the data discussed previously, it is reasonable to assume that a police officer will likely be there to take information after the fact, not to necessarily save your life in the immediate danger.
4. My gun will never kill someone that is not trying to hurt me or my family.
5. Consider the multiple school shootings, theatre shootings, news station shootings… if there were a concealed weapon carrier present with a gun, would it have been a different scenario?
6. Background checks are a vehicle for the government to keep tabs on gun purchases. It is apparent that it does not deter bad people from doing bad things with guns or obtaining them.
7. There are more gun laws in the US that I can count. Enforce the ones we have, not create new ones that do not work.
8. There is only one way to eliminate all gun deaths, accidental or otherwise, and that is to eliminate all guns. Therefore let us also eliminate:
a. Vehicle deaths by getting rid of all cars.
b. Hospital deaths by getting rid of all doctors and nurses.
c. Stabbings by getting rid of all knives.
d. Plane deaths by eliminating all planes, and vehicles of flight.
Sound ridiculous to you? Yes, me too, as ridiculous as taking our 2nd amendment rights from us.
The right to bear arms is just. This right is based in scripture as well as a legal right according to the US and PA constitution. Pay particular attention to the statements of shall not. It is clear and concise. If I signed an agreement stating that I shall not <pick your scenario> then I would certainly struggle to legally back out of this agreement in any court of law, so why is it continued to be argued by politicians? There is no room for interpretation or back door avenues to deny citizens these rights.
1. Do we not remember David slaying the Philistine Goliath with a slingshot?
2. Luke 22:36 And He (Jesus) said to them, “But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.
3. Genesis 14:14 And when Abram heard that his relative had been taken captive, he led out his trained men, born in his house, three hundred and eighteen, and went in pursuit as far as Dan.
1. 2nd Amendment: “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”
3. In McDonald v. Chicago (2010), the Court clarified its earlier decisions that limited the amendment’s impact to a restriction on the federal government, expressly holding that the Fourteenth Amendment applies the Second Amendment to state and local governments to the same extent that the Second Amendment applies to the federal government.
1. Right to Bear Arms Article 21: The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the state shall not be questioned.
2. This is a statement of entirety, there is nothing else in the 21st article regarding this. This is the complete statement regarding this right, it is clear and concise.
- After passing their concealed carry law, Florida’s homicide rate fell from 36% above the national average to 4% below, and remains below the national average (as of the last reporting period, 2005).
- Crime rates involving gun owners with carry permits have consistently been about 0.02% of all carry permit holders since Florida’s right-to-carry law started in 1988.
- In Texas, murder rates fell 50% faster than the national average in the year after their concealed carry law passed. Rape rates fell 93% faster in the first year after enactment, and 500% faster in the second. Assaults fell 250% faster in the second year.
- More to the point, crime is significantly higher in states without right-to-carry laws.
- States that disallow concealed carry have violent crime rates 11% higher than national averages.
- CCW holders have prevented or curtailed mass public shootings – Pearl, Mississippi (Pearl Junior High School), Edinboro, Pennsylvania (Parker Middle School), Winnemucca, Nevada (Players Bar and Grill), Colorado Springs, Colorado (New Life Church), just to name a few.
- Guns prevent an estimated 2.5 million crimes a year or 6,849 every day. Often the gun is never fired and no blood (including the criminal’s) is shed.
- 60% of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they knew the victim was armed. 40% of convicted felons admitted that they avoided committing crimes when they thought the victim might be armed.
- Washington DC has essentially banned gun ownership since 1976 and has a murder rate of 56.9 per 100,000. Across the river in Arlington Virginia, a distance of less than 10 miles, gun ownership is less restricted. There, the murder rate is just 1.6 per 100,000, less than three percent of the Washington, DC rate.
- Every year, people in the United States use guns to defend themselves against criminals an estimated 2,500,000 times – more than 6,500 people a day, or once every 13 seconds. Of these instances, 15.7% of the people using firearms defensively stated that they “almost certainly” saved their lives by doing so.
I will gladly give up my gun, when the Washington Liberals give up theirs and put themselves on an equal playing field for violent acts by evil men, as they are asking my family to do.
The original inspiration for this post came from the following podcasts: The Christian Survival Network, The Handgun World Podcast and Gun Talk.